Patrick Schmidt Keeps Running Green for Great Causes

Wayne's Solar continues its sponsorship of local runner Patrick Schmidt...here's an update from our intrepid athlete:

On October 27th, I ran the Lighthouse Loop half marathon in Port Orange. I thank Wayne's Solar for sponsoring to help support the athletic department for Volusia County Public Schools. This was truly a great cause to help support our local community! There were about 1,300 runners and I placed 52nd overall, 6th place in my division. My finish time was 1:40:38, this is now my fastest half marathon time to date! I beat my previous record by over 7 minutes. 

On November 9th, I ran a 5k in Jacksonville for MADD in the morning with my family then I drove back to Orlando to run the Disney Wine & Dine half marathon that same night to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. This hits home for me as I have family and friends who have been killed by drunk drivers and I also have friends that are currently trying to beat Leukemia. There were 12,153 runners to support this cause, I placed 431 overall for the half marathon, 58 in my division. My finish time was 1:49:05. This was another great cause that Wayne's Solar supported! 

I am extremely happy and honored that Wayne's Solar has asked me to run for them so that they/we can help support our local community here at home in the Central Florida area. Many people that I speak with have said that your company's support of the local community is what brought them to your front door. Wayne's Solar then followed that up with a very high level of professionalism. Kudos to all of you at Wayne's Solar! Not only are you saving customers from aggravation, but you are saving them money too!

Moreover, I did run a full marathon (26.2 miles) on November 17th at Alafia River State Park in Hillsborough County by Tampa. This was a off road trail marathon, I finished this monster in 4:38. Needless to say, I was worn out. I came in 21st place overall. 

My next race is a big one, it is a 4 day race from January 9-12 at Walt Disney World. I will be running a "Dopey Challenge" consisting of a 5k (3.1 miles), 10k (6.2 miles), 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles), and a full marathon (26.2 miles). Wayne's Solar will be supporting the Leukemia and Lymphoma causes again, very exciting!

Thank you, Patrick, from everyone at Wayne's Solar.

No comments:

Post a Comment